DevOps Cloud Engineer AWS/Azure/Kubernetes/Docker/CI/CD
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Levy Associates Ltd
DevOps Cloud Engineer
The role of Cloud DevOps Engineer is a blend of architecture, automation, security, development and second-day operations and administration. It is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere. The ideal candidate strives to solve traditional operations problems through automation and software. In addition, the candidate must uphold a high standard of excellence, have a strong customer focus and be capable of technical deep-dives into code, cloud services and configurations, databases, load balancer, network, operating systems, and storage.
You will operate as a team member in a Devops team working on different challenges. The team is responsible for Implementation and Configuration of the Aptitude application. The team is also responsible that the applications complies to the security and risk standards.
The software is deployed in an automated CI/CD manner. This is achieved by using multiple tools such as Gitlab, Terraform, Ansible and Packer. Explicit knowledge of the applications is not required. Experience has shown that knowledge of application- and webservers in combination with general IT infrastructure knowledge are of more value to the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribution to improving the current CI/CD setup, based on your ideas and previous experience;
- Automate processes (eg security, infra provisioning);
- Installation and deployment of new releases
- Monitoring implementation (Splunk)
- Scheduler implementation
- Second-day operations (eg monitoring, incidents);
- Advise on the use of new cloud native solutions and create component designs for those services;
- Migration of the current solution from AWS to Azure.
- You are an enthusiastic engineer who provides feedback to your colleagues to support personal development.
- You are a multi-skilled engineer;
- You are a sparring partner for the Product Owner and contribute to the roadmap- and sprint planning by defining and estimating user stories. You report on progress and impediments on a daily basis to the team and support further development of the DevOps way of working and contribute in optimizing the IT-processes;
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) way of working
- Experience in CI/CD way of working
- IT and a business-oriented way of thinking and working;
- Experience and interest in understanding the business (Finance domain)
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving
- Willingness to take up administrative tasks like writing and updating technical and security documentation
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Experience with Cloud services (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with webservers (preferably Tomcat)
- Experience in building, configuring and Scripting of CI/CD pipelines Knowledge about network like ADFS, Proxy traffic etc.
- Experience with Oracle (AWS RDS and Oracle on Azure)
- Experience in Shell Scripting on Linux
- Experience in GIT
- Knowledge on SQL
- Experience on Splunk
- Java Programming (troubleshooting)
- A challenging job, professional teams and high engineering culture;
- An organization with a dedication to Devops and CI/CD;
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of CV's received we can only reply to those that match the above requirements, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.