RN - BMT Coordinator - Moffitt Physicians: Moffitt Physicians
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Memorial Healthcare System
Provides expert, integrated, cost-effective, quality patient care management through the coordination of care for blood and marrow transplant patients across the continuum of care settings.
• Serves as a consultant to caregivers, patients and their families regarding diagnosis, plan of care, treatment, symptom management and home care issues.
• Ensures adherence to protocols, program requirements, regulatory and compliance agencies, data collection and reporting needs.
• Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
• Performs preliminary donor search, patient and sibling HLA typing.
• Responsible for verifying benefit eligibility and serving as a liaison with insurance companies and referring physicians.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE: Performs and/or integrates evidence-based research into planning and providing nursing care.
• PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting.
• EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
• KNOWLEDGE OF DISEASE PROCESS: Applies knowledge of practices and interventions for specific populations with specific conditions.
• Accredited Program
• BLS Certification
• Registered Nurse License
Education equivalent experience:
• Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of chemotherapy in the treatment of cancer and hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Clinical knowledge demonstrated in Graft-vs-Host Disease, immunology, educational strategies and the knowledge of the unique needs of the specialty population served. Demonstrated knowledge of the coordination of services of a multi-disciplinary team is necessary. Skills in patient education, consulting, teamwork and collaboration are necessary.
Required Work Experience: 3 years of experience in the field of blood and marrow transplantation is required including knowledge in both autologous and allogeneic transplants.
• Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 80.00%
• Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
• Kneeling ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Reaching ; ; ; 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
• Sitting ; ; ; 60.00%
• Squatting ; ; ; 80.00%
• Standing ; ; ; 80.00%
• Walking ; ; ; 80.00%
• Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
• Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
• Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 80.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 80.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 80.00%
• Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 80.00%
• Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 80.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 60.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West's many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County's first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• The Family Birthplace
• Women's Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 - and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.