Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Sunrun
Sunrun is the nation's largest residential solar, storage and energy services company. With a mission to create a planet run by the sun, Sunrun has led the industry since 2007 with its solar-as-a-service model, which provides clean energy to households with little to no upfront cost and at a saving compared to traditional electricity.
Sunrun Company Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Outlook 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2019
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 10% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Overview The Construction Supervisor (CS) is a field leadership position covering multiple (3-6) solar (photovoltaic) installation crews. The CS is responsible for ensuring the Safety, Quality, Efficiency, and Customer Experience of the residential and small commercial solar installation projects that are completed by the field installation crews. The CS is responsible for organizing, motivating, managing, and training the crews in the field on a daily basis.The CS will have a track record of proven leadership abilities (communication, relationship building, training & development, employment decisions) as well as solar installation management experience. The CS will be accountable to key performance metrics.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of Electrical and General Construction codes, and be the construction Subject Matter Expert for the branch
- Work with the Branch Operations Manager to increase or decrease construction capacity as needed
- Work closely with the Project Planner to ensure the efficient execution of the construction schedule
- Organize and optimize crew structure and work schedule for highest productivity
- Conduct pre-construction project reviews to determine resource requirements of the project
- Clearly understand and communicate installation Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets and results, along with any construction incentive contests
- Review crew KPIs and provide feedback and performance management for field staff
- Lead and assist in the training of the field construction staff including; safety, quality, customer service, efficiency and administrative responsibilities
- Conduct quality control and safety inspections providing feedback to the construction staff, the Engineering Department, and the Branch Operations Manager
- Ensure all projects are being completed with a high level of safety and quality
- Quickly and accurately handle required administrative duties including but not limited to; Training documentation, Inspection documentation, Project Documentation Completion, Field Purchase Orders and Timecard Data Entry
- Conduct weekly safety "Tool Box Talk" meetings to ensure the proper use of electrical safety practices, fall protection and PPE;Work closely with the Warehouse personnel to ensure crews are accurately and efficiently stocking/restocking installation vehicles and project materials
- Demonstrate competency and confidence in leading mechanical and electrical work on both roof and ground mounted solar projects
- Relate to the public and to customers in a professional, courteous and respectful manner, appropriately responding to their complements, questions and concerns
- Meet inspectors and walk them through projects, discuss NEC Code in detail as needed
- Depending on branch needs may be responsible for documenting and completing service calls;
- Assist on project installations ensuring their successful completion as needed
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have a Electrical Certification Licence
- Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed
- 5+ years of construction experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role
- Ability to follow instructions, clearly give instructions, learn quickly, and know when to ask questions
- Excellent people skills, able to manage, motivate and discipline if necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and customer interaction
- Operationally focused; detailed oriented but able to grasp big picture
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to lead by example
- Have a good driving record and maintain a valid Driver's License
- Possess strong mechanical/construction skills
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word and project management tools (MS Project)
- Have good people skills, able to manage, motivate and discipline when necessary
- Knowledge of the NEC and applicable codes and standards
- Have CPR and First Aid certifications up to date and keep maintained for purposes of continued employment (class costs are reimbursable by the company)
- Able and willing to dive deep, get involved and do the things that need to get done
- Most importantly, any candidate must fit a company spirit where people work smart, play hard, have fun and are dedicated to success
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to: stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Ability to set up, secure and climb a 20 foot ladder onto rooftop of various angles and surfaces
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions; operate machinery and equipment; and determine accuracy of the work assigned
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on surfaces of various heights and angles
Culture and Values
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.