Supervisor, Branch Technical
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Sunrun
Sunrun is the nation's largest residential solar, storage and energy services company. With a mission to create a planet run by the sun, Sunrun has led the industry since 2007 with its solar-as-a-service model, which provides clean energy to households with little to no upfront cost and at a saving compared to traditional electricity.
Sunrun Company Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Outlook 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2019
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 10% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Overview Technical Supervisor Oversee day-to-day operations of the Solar Technicians and other related positions, such as Service Technicians for assigned branch locations. Responsibilities
- Effectively lead and manage the Solar Technicians and other related and assigned positions. This includes hiring, training, motivating, coaching, performance management and discipline under the guidance Branch Operations Manager
- Develop and report on departmental KPI's in partnership with functional leadership
- Oversee Site Survey, Inspection, and if assigned Service or Permit metrics to ensure accurate and consistent service
- Partner with functional and branch leadership to create strategic plans for future growth & improved efficiencies
- Communicate and implement company process changes
- Support team with escalated issues, including communication with jurisdictions, and Sunrun Design Engineering, Construction Supervisors and others
- Complete special projects as requested
- Implement and document cross-departmental processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency
- Act as the central point of contact and directly interact with Regional Team Lead positions
- Travel between assigned branch locations to provide supervisory guidance
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; Four year college degree preferred
- 3 years+ related work experience
- Must be self-directed and an independent thinker
- Acute awareness & ability to manage to deadlines
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Possess a positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt quickly to rapidly evolving business processes
- Experience in construction/engineering field services
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- Ability to perform normal office duties
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings
Culture and Values
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.