Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Sunrun
Sunrun is the nation's largest residential solar, storage and energy services company. With a mission to create a planet run by the sun, Sunrun has led the industry since 2007 with its solar-as-a-service model, which provides clean energy to households with little to no upfront cost and at a saving compared to traditional electricity.
Sunrun Company Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Outlook 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2019
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 10% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Are you an experienced construction/installation professional looking for a more significant career challenge? Sunrun has what you want. We're the largest dedicated residential solar company in the United States. Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar technology at a rate of one solar installation every 10 minutes. That's a big deal and it requires a team of proven performers to oversee our many installations.Responsibilities
As a Foreman, you'll be counted on to provide leadership and technical expertise for a solar installation crew of three to six members. You'll be responsible for safety, quality, customer service, and productivity as you ensure the successful completion of residential and small commercial projects.
- Organize, lead, and train crew members
- Effectively manage all aspects of the construction workflow
- Maintain project documentation
- Develop a positive working dynamic within your team and with branch coworkers
- Analyze and resolve worker problems and recommend solutions
- Maintain consistent customer relations throughout installation
- Provide feedback to management
- Perform service calls when necessary
This high visibility role requires an outstanding customer-focused, detail-oriented leader with:
- A minimum of two years of construction experience, including one year in solar installation
- Knowledge of the NEC and applicable codes and standards
- Ability to perform all duties of the Installer and Lead Installer
- Understanding of relevant OSHA standards
- CPR and first aid certifications
- Computer skills with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong mechanical/construction abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Experience with electrical work involving wiring up to 600 VDC and 480 VAC
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- State electrical certification/license preferred
Sunrun offers excellent career advantages that include a 401k, a stock purchase plan, a fun, collaborative culture and much more. More than that, you'll experience the rewards that come from helping homeowners save money while dramatically reducing the amount of air pollution and CO2 released into the atmosphere. Join us on our mission to create a planet run by the sun.
Culture and Values
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.