RN-PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR - FT - SVM
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by CHI St. Vincent
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: AR > MORRILTON > ST ANTHONY HEALTH CARE CTR
JOB SUMMARY: In addition to the RN Job Description, responsibilities include facilitating day-to-day operations of the Unit. Collaborates with staff, Nurse Managers, team leaders, supervisors, and physicians to ensure quality patient care is being provided with optimum patient outcomes.
Education: Licensed / Registered in the State of Arkansas in Nursing. Bachelor's degree preferred. Admission to a BSN program within one year, or obtainment of a Bachelor degree within 2 years of assuming position is strongly encouraged. Participation in Nursing Career Advancement Program is preferred.
Experience: 2 years recent Nursing experience in area of specialty; 1 year charge/management experience preferred. Membership in professional organization preferred.
Physical Requirements: The physical activities involve balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, grasping, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, and use of fingers and repetitive movements. An individual in this position may be required to carry or lift up to 50 lbs. and push/pull 100-150 lbs. The sensory and communicative activities required for this position include feeling, hearing, seeing, smelling, and speaking. Individuals in this position could be exposed to inside/outside environmental conditions, blood borne pathogens and body fluids chemical hazards, respiratory hazards and radiological hazards.
Skills: Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written. Demonstrated organizational skills. Must be knowledgeable and skilled in computer use. Must be able to type accurately. Ability to work independently without close supervision; must have problem solving skills, and be self-motivated. Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays for unit/department coverage. Demonstrated clinical competence in area(s) of responsibility. Demonstrates leadership abilities in such areas as charge nurse, precepting/training, in-service/education, etc.
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS: Patients, Patients' Family/Friends, Employees, Co-workers, Physicians, Interdisciplinary Teams
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Nurse Manager
Human Resources Management
- Functions as a clinical and leadership mentor and coach to new and existing staff
- Assists with preparation and oversight of unit schedules.
§ Oversees and adapts the daily staffing plan to meet the department's needs
- Establishes patient assignments for team of employees.
- Participates in peer interviewing process in the selection of unit staff.
- Provides input and feedback to the nurse manager/department leadership in regards to team performance
- Assists in development and achievement of departmental budgets and goals through day-to-day efforts regarding adherence to department staffing plan and productivity goals.
- Remains aware of and guides effective management of materials and supplies, and works to minimize waste.
- Communicates the shared vision, mission and values of the department, SVI, and CHI.
- Facilitates and enhances the flow of information throughout the department (from department leadership to staff and amongst staff) through various means of communication
- Communicates clearly what is expected of others and addresses and documents issues in an objective and supportive manner
- Proactively address staff performance issues in a judicious manner
- Acts as staff/department advocate
- Maintains open and proactive communication with department leaders and staff alike
- Responsible for department throughput:
- Maintains oversight of Admissions/Discharges/Transfers; ensures each is completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains oversight of department's diagnostic studies to help ensure completion in a timely manner
- Maintains open communication with Nursing Supervisor, Bed Control, other departments as necessary to positively affect patient movements
- Enhances department process improvement practices:
- Recognizes, substantiates and documents areas of potential process improvement either within or between departments
- Facilitates problem solving that enhances intra-/inter-department process improvement in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Recognizes the need for and facilitates/conducts education on topics such as (but not limited to):
- Patient Safety
- Patient satisfaction
- Staff performance issues
- Process Improvement
- Participates in and actively supports Unit Council decisions
- Supports an atmosphere that encourages high performance, teamwork and continual improvement of staff in order to provide safe and efficient patient care as evidenced by established benchmarks
- Maintains ongoing awareness of and helps to ensure department compliance with regulatory, EOC (environment of care) standards. Ensures adherence to policies and patient rights for research protocols.
- Demonstrates flexibility between leadership and clinical demands based on department/clinical needs.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance leadership and/or clinical expertise.
- Serves as a clinical resource in area of specialty.
- Role models clinical and professional excellence.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: CHI St. Vincent