Console Operator-Field Engineer
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Perform all duties of either the Console Operator or the Field Engineer as assigned.
- Troubleshoot all environmental control problems in the hospital complex and initiate repair service as warranted, notifying Console Operator if additional assistance is needed. Consult with Console Operator when problems arise on chilled or heating water provided to the hospital.
- Adjust thermostats and air handling unit controls in responding to temperature complaints throughout the hospital complex in maintaining a comfortable, temperature controlled environment.
- Complete all documentation of preventive maintenance and work orders on a daily basis. Operate the emergency electricity generators monthly under full load demand and record data on designated forms. Visually inspect equipment in the mechanical building, take readings on critical equipment and record data on designated logs daily. Inspect external lighting and initiate repair requests. Perform routine maintenance on air handling units and fan coil units in patients' rooms by maintaining proper belt tension, and cleaning coils, screens, and filters.
- Monitor various gauges in providing operational reports. Coordinate all functions of maintenance and repair for the department during designated hours and days. (Confer with supervisor regarding severe maintenance problems and take appropriate action; answer telephone calls and dispatch mechanics as necessary; and coordinate all relevant activities for the department).
- Operate water softeners and administer chemical treatments to the boilers and cooling towers as scheduled. Test boiler and cooling tower water for proper chemical treatment.
- Monitor plant operations and mechanical equipment functions at Bone & Joint Hospital as scheduled, complete information on required log sheets, and report problems to the appropriate person in that facility.
- Maintain all HVACR equipment. Maintain the cleanliness of all equipment. Keep plant area and mechanical equipment rooms clean and in an orderly manner.
- Operate the Powers and Honeywell Automated Control Center which controls and monitors all hospital environmental control functions and critical alarms. Dispatch Field Engineers to care for environmental control problems throughout the hospital complex or to obtain emergency equipment/supplies from external vendors.
- Operate all equipment in the mechanical building including boilers, chillers, pumps, air compressors, and other component equipment in an efficient manner which provides maximum energy conservation and hospital comfort conditions.
- Insure all ProCard (P-Card) purchase transactions are recorded and reconciled by the corporate deadline on a monthly basis.
- Perform other duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Mechanical Journeyman or Mechanical Contractor with the Oklahoma State Department of Health (credentials provided through the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board). Class I Professional Boiler Operator with the City of Oklahoma City or must be obtained within 12 months of employment in this position.
- Experience operating high pressure boilers, chillers, and air conditioning equipment. Experience with the repair and replacement of pumps, motors, bearings, valves, regulators, and thermostats.
- Brazing and soldering experience preferred.
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess thefollowing physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than5 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skintone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to readtelemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types ofmachinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Associated topics: architecture, asic, h/w designer, hardware designer, layout, pc, rf, semiconductor, systems engineer, vlsi