Director of Business Development
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Lessard Design
Lessard Design is an award winning architectural firm that performs a wide variety of residential, commercial, and mixed -use projects both domestically and abroad. Our office is located in Tysons Corner, VA off of Leesburg Pike near Silver Line Metro stops. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivators with ability to succeed in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, strong analytical and problem solving abilities, and the ability to motivate others all while maintaining strong working relationships with internal staff and clients. Responsible for identifying potential clients, creating and implementing marketing and sales strategies, managing marketing staff, writing, managing and producing marketing materials, branding and PR, including awards submissions, manning booths. This individual will report directly to the President.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospecting - 30-%
- Sales and Client Meetings - 25%
- Research and Open New Markets - 20%
- Strategic and Business DEvelop Planning - 20%
- Oppportunity Management - 5%
- Prospecting: Identify and source selling opportunities (personally and in collaboration with associate principals & principals) and engage these opportunities via phone and in person (Create hit list).
3) Research and Open New Markets: Research, identify lists, build contacts, strategic alliances, build relationships and follow up in order to open new markets (i.e. China, Strengthen position in Middle East, Grow mixed use, hotels and recapture automotive).
4) Strategic and Business Develop Planning: Jointly defining sales & business objectives, creating & assessing strategies, developing plans, prioritizing and executing the business development tasks.
5) Opportunity Management: Manage and stay on track of all business opportunities within all four divisions (including reporting). Manage and mentor, and train department staff.
Looking for someone who can also create a Business Development approach. They will need to organize business development activities into a formal process. Align all brand practices and help mentor/develop principals and associate principal s business development capability.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: BA/BS in Business Admin, Marketing or similar field
Masters Degree is a plus
Experience in the architecture industry for more than 8 years
Associated topics: b2b, b2e, bi, business intelligence, channel partner, client, customer, franchise, territory manager, territory sales