Part Time Certified Nurse Aide
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Addus HomeCare
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of quality home care and deliver life-changing service to your clients. As an Addus Certified Nurse Aide, you'll play a vital role in supporting seniors and people with disabilities living independently. This rewarding, entry-level position provides consistent, flexible hours to accommodate your personal needs, while providing a great career with a growing, innovative industry leader.
If you have a genuine passion for helping others, and you are looking for a meaningful, fulfilling career with a dynamic, values-driven organization that recognizes and supports your contribution, we invite you to join our team.
Other duties include:
- Remind clients to take medication at the appropriate time.
- Assist the client with therapy exercises under the direction of a Registered Therapist.
- Assist or perform personal care including hair care, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming, and dressing.
- Assist with routine bodily functions.
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment through light housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, providing and emptying bed pans and laundry.
- Provide companionship and stimulation for the client including reading, walks, etc.; and accompanying the client to doctors or other appointments.
- Observe and report changes in client's condition to the Agency Director or Service Coordinator.
- Turn or reposition patients who are bedridden.
- Examine patient for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds.
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant training
- At least two years of home care experience is required
- Satisfactory background check and valid driver's license
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to compassionately care for others
- Reliable, energetic, self-motivated and well-organized
Walk-ins are welcome at any branch location! Apply online or visit any branch today!
Part-time Home Care Aides may qualify for healthcare benefits.
Addus Home Care is one of the nation's largest personal home care and support service providers. We service over 33,000 consumers weekly from more than 111 branches located in 24 states. As a client-focused, innovative company, we have a simple approach: We provide great care and we pay attention. Our staff shares a genuine passion for helping people and conducts all services efficiently, with a thoroughness to ensure lower health care costs while maintaining the highest quality of life for our consumers.
Addus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant