Development (NPD) Quality Engineering Supervisor
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
The Quality Engineering Supervisor will provide quality support to our Production Teams or to our New Product Development Teams.
- Able to develop procedures and manufacturing DHR documentation, and familiar with manufacturing execution controls and product life cycle management.
- Familiar with establishing inspection standards, plans, frequencies and test methods, and the practical application of quality engineering tools (Six Sigma);
- Able to manage quality resources available and directing the quality support activity of the team across multiple projects,
- Experience of participating in internal and external audits to industry quality system standards and knows how to achieve and maintain project lifecycle deliverables that comply with all applicable standards.
- Risk management familiar and making risk-based decisions throughout the product development life cycle.
- Ability to make autonomous quality decisions, and resolve complex manufacturing and development issues, while mitigating risk to end user or patient on a daily basis, and escalating when appropriate to the Senior Quality management team;
- A driver of compliance to the quality management system in all activities within new the new product development and realization processes, ensuring that quality and compliance is cornerstone of all development activity form the early stage of their product life cycle.
- Able to drive continuous improvement, familiar with application of lean principles and innovation, and utilizing quality engineering tools to demonstrate effectiveness of such improvements
- Competent in developing and implementing process controls and robust control plans to maintain controlled, compliant manufacturing, while achieving the industrialization of development projects
- Ensure that New product development projects are managed to deliver on all quality aspects for the business and customer, with consideration of both external regulatory and internal quality system requirements
- Manage the performance and support activity of a quality team in providing compliance direction and delivering on quality deliverables for new product development projects;
- Manage the learning and development of quality team so that personnel are encouraged to develop on their existing competencies and toward chosen career goals within the organization.
- Ensure that quality team are engaged in their roles, and are aware of the impact of their contribution toward project milestones and business/compliance performance
- Engineering or Science Degree
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and challenge technical problems, and interrogate data (Six Sigma methodology familiar)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the technical communication proficiency to report on project quality activity to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience/proficiency in Customer interaction as quality lead on projects is an advantage
- Previous medical devices manufacturing experience of both components and devices is a distinct advantage
- People management experience desirable
What TE Connectivity Offers
We offer a competitive "total rewards" compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and meets the needs of our employees.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.