Senior Quality Engineer
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE Application Tooling, the oldest division of TE Connectivity, is credited with the invention of the first solderless crimp hand tool first developed in 1941, and is an integral component of the TE's value proposition today. Our goal is to provide our customers with high quality, innovative products and services that drive speed, flexibility and value. To achieve these goals, it starts with creating a world-class team of professionals dedicated to delivering excellence. With 26 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide, Application Tooling is truly a global supplier of tooling solutions. From the very hand tool for the US Military through automated tooling solutions for major automotive customers like GM and Ford, TE's Application Tooling division has been making innovative, specialized tooling for wire harness and PC board manufacturers for more than seven decades. Whether you are connecting a wire to a terminal or a terminal to a PC board, making a reliable electrical connection requires highly engineered tools. Simply put, TE Connectivity is the original pioneer and developer of electrical connections - and today continues to lead with tomorrow's innovation, not imitation!
The Global Application Tooling Division (GATD) of TE Connectivity is currently seeking a Staff Quality and Reliability Engineer to join our team. GATD is a worldwide engineering and manufacturing business unit that designs and manufactures application equipment, associated tooling and precision machined products for all markets.
TE Connectivity's Quality Assurance Teams are responsible for all or part of an organization's Quality Management System, including conformance and continuous improvement initiatives. They work on systemic evaluation of products, services, facilities, manufacturing or business processes, to ensure that standards of quality are being met. Develop and implement quality plans, programs and procedures using quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts, and six-sigma tools and analyses. They review, analyze, and report on quality discrepancies, investigate problems and execute quality audits, develop cause analysis, disposition, and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. The team works closely with manufacturing, engineering, customers, or suppliers and subcontractors to ensure requirements are met.
- Oversee plant quality, Inspection Department, and Internal Calibration Program,
- Member of Plant Leadership team that determines plant direction,
- Lead and coach the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Teams to ensure maximum team performance which includes hands-on leadership and development / coaching of direct and indirect reports,
- Monitor, communicate and improve key Customer KPI's, including Customer Scorecards, Corrective actions response time and PPM improvement,
- Participate on voice of the customer activities to deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience (ECE),
- Update customers globally in a timely fashion regarding product quality,
- Drive and engage cross functional teams to conduct root cause analysis on both internal and external quality issues and formulate resolutions in a timely manner. Also, to ensure the implementation and effectiveness of actions,
- Promote and Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the plant using proactive tools such as Lean (TEOA), Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, Advance Product and Quality Planning (APQP) Statistical Process control (SPC) and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Maintain a statistically stable measurement system for products in accordance with accepted industry standards,
- Provide training and leadership in the application of statistical methods and quality tools throughout the business. Principle resource for quality and inspection methods, statistical process and quality control,
- Be an active participant and advocate of the TE Connectivity's Lean methodology (TEOA), driving the Quality teams. Identify gaps and opportunities and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization,
- Be a key interface with Sales, Product Marketing, and Manufacturing to meet customer's needs through customer contact,
- Partner with support staff and matrixed reports to ensure the support and resources provided align with the needs of the operation,
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in development of acceptable process CpK values and associated monitoring for key components,
- Work with Product Engineering on new product development concerning inspection methodologies and tolerancing,
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality or related technical field,
- 8+ years of experience in a Quality Engineering position,
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a manufacturing plant environment with a proven record in improving Quality,
- Experience working and developing strong relationships with multiple customers and suppliers in a low volume, high mix industry,
- Working knowledge of ISO9001and appropriate experience,
- Proven six-sigma and lean experience is highly desirable,
- Strong leadership and managerial skills to drive and lead change,
- Strong business acumen, excellent time management skills to manage multiple projects and demands,
- Must have the ability to manage a diverse group of employees.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of quality tools including, but not limited to, APQP, FMEA, SPC, 8D, 5W problem solving tools, PPAP and FAI's,
- Strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T),
- Strong knowledge of Calibration and Inspection methodologies,
- Ability to influence and drive cross functional teamwork, ability to work well with internal and external customers, and with other cultures,
- Ability to direct identification of root cause, drive improvement actions and resolve problems,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Proficient using MS Office 365,
- Experience working within an SAP environment is a plus.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation