Sr Field Application Engineer
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE's unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense, to medical solutions and consumer applications.
TE Connectivity's Field Application Engineering Teams provide technical sales support to customers which leads to new projects in existing and new areas that fall within TE competencies. Provide technical support to sustain the existing business for customers, distributors and partners; leading to increased sales and market share of the TE sensor business through being a competent technical partner to the customer. Fill new product pipeline and win projects to ensure future growth.
Desirable location is in the Eastern USA. Other locations in USA may be considered if highly qualified. Work from home and travel 10-25%.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Product and Application Knowledge
- Manage technical aspect of new and existing sales
- Solving application problems
- Understand TE technologies and make product and application recommendations to suit applications
- Aware of technical trends and new applications
- Primary technical interface with reps, customers and distributors. Be able to provide pre and post-sale support
- Differentiating the end-product and how it relates to TE
- Looking at areas for growth to drive the P&L
- Be the technical liaison between the customer/sales/engineering teams
- Translate the voice of customer into product requirements
- Understanding the customer and how it relates to our Sensor products
- Understand customer future needs and engage with their designer early
- Provide technical guidance to customers
- Ability to understand Customer needs and wants and determine a TE solution
- Cross reference competitor products
- Knowledge of business process flows (internal/external)
- Cross cultural communication
- Support Distribution, Trade shows, etc.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (customers, reps, distributors, internal teams, etc.)
- Direct experience and deep knowledge with pressure products' designs, specifications and applications are highly valuable
- Customer focus, technical skill, organization, planning (including project management), drive for results, communication, innovation
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in sales or engineering. Experience with pressure sensors is highly desirable.
- Minimum 4-year technical degree is required.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation