Supplier Quality Engineer
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by TE Connectivity
When every connection counts, TE's Industrial & Commercial Transportation (ICT) business unit delivers reliable connectivity products designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions for on and off-highway vehicles and recreational transportation. As a world leader in rough and rugged connectivity, depend on TE's ICT to provide innovative solutions for field applications where failure is not an option. Some of our key technologies include terminals and connectors, custom cable assemblies, relays and switching modules, inductive systems, and wire and cable.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will manage about 30 suppliers for TE's Industrial and Commercial Transportation business, within the Americas. You will start off handling issues day to day and conducting RCA's, and eventually transition into strategic supplier management. You'll join a team of three that will eventually become a team of five. TEGTA19
- Supplier-facing engineer for technical issues supporting TE Connectivity North American Industrial/Commercial Transportation business.
- Perform product assurance activities associated with a manufacturing environment to ensure that the dimensional, materials and visual characteristics of a product's design, as documented on drawings, specifications and quality standards are consistently produced.
- Monitor quality data within the operating systems to ensure accuracy of data and develop reporting systems to accurately document and record monthly and annual supplier trends and performance data.
- Perform periodic reviews and continually monitor quality specifications to ensure supplier compliance.
- Supports in supplier quality issues and drives corrective actions with the suppliers
- Perform process and system audit of suppliers and maintain a working knowledge of ISO, TS, or IATF quality systems requirements to support the suppliers.
- Skill set in tight tolerance complex molded components.
- Communicate quality concerns to suppliers (initiate Techs complaint), SQ environment and plant
- Setup containment actions
- Confirm certified stock
- Support the setup and the improvement of the quality inspection plans
- Track, review and close supplier 8Ds
- Generate read across and deploy lessons learned to prevent reoccurrence
- Update DMR (Dynamic modification rule - SAP) based on part quality history
- Ensure that supplier parts meet TE customer requirements
- Education: Bachelors degree in Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other engineering discipline is preferred or 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience Preferred: About 5 year's of Supplier Quality experience is preferred. Working knowledge of the Automotive Industry; ISO / TS and IATF Standards, Experience with International Suppliers and use of 5-Why and 8-D problem-solving tools
- Frequent travel will be required (60%); international travel is possible
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation