Field Application Engineer
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by TE Connectivity
The Data and Devices business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for an experienced Field Application Engineer in Austin, TX to support our key customers in the vicinity. The business unit has determined that, for our key customers, having knowledgeable engineering presence locally is critical to long-term success in supporting our customers' product and design needs and in advancing our Company's interests.
The FAE will serve as a technical resource for our customers' engineers and program / platform managers by providing technical expertise, design work, product application information, and general support for strategic customers. The selected engineer will be a significant interface between TE Connectivity's sales and engineering organizations and our customers.
What you will be doing:
- Be the initial point of contact for customer's local engineering group
- Function as the technical interface between the customer's engineers and the TE engineering community on all existing products as well as focus on new product development opportunities
- Actively contribute to new product development opportunities for TE at the customer with the ability to provide conceptual design modeling
- Interact directly with key customer on a daily basis and coordinate the deliverables related to customer projects including new products, modifications to existing products, test studies, signal integrity modeling, and any other development efforts
- Establish relationships with key customer engineering contacts and decision makers
- Gain a solid understanding of customer's product set and future roadmap
- Gain a solid understanding of TE Data and Devices products and future roadmap
- Use VOC (Voice of Customer) tools to understand the accounts' technology, strategic direction, and electronic connectivity needs. Communicate these needs to internal TE Connectivity teams to initiate projects
- Support a cross-functional, global team specific to the customer. The team may consist of a Program Manager, Quality Engineering, Logistics, Procurement, Operations, and Sales.
- Penetrate customers' design cycle to be involved in the early stages of new product / platform planning
- Work closely with internal engineering teams to insure that they are meeting the customers' needs and be a conduit to the customer
- Represent and be an advocate for the customer.
- Support product & process qualifications
- Support existing applications and products including tolerance analysis, application evaluation, and testing
What your background should look like:
- BS degree in Engineering required (Mechanical / Systems discipline preferred)
- At least 3-5 years of engineering experience in connector knowledge
- Knowledge of general manufacturing processes of stamping, molding, plating, and automated product assembly desired
- Experience in development engineering and participation in full product development cycle
- Prefer candidates with some knowledge of electronics components, preferably in one or more of our product lines (connectors, electronics relays, wire & cable)
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective project leadership
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize
- Strong interpersonal & negotiating skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside of the organization
- Computer proficient including 3D Design Applications, Pro Engineer preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel as required, mainly regionally
- Successful candidates will have strong ability to work independently
- Outstanding networking, influencing, and listening skills
- Experience reading/interpreting production level drawings
- Ability to perform basic tolerance analysis.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
• Generous 401(k) Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Benefits start on day one
• Charity Donation Matching Program
• Competitive Paid Time Off
• Employee Resource Groups
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Healthcare for Associates and Families
• Health and Wellness Incentives
• Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.