Technician - Medical Lab (MLT)
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Ascension
Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, NY. has an immediate need for a Full Time Evenings, Medical Lab Technician (MLT), dedicated to transforming healthcare.
Full time / Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits
Why Join Ascension?
Currently a 257-bed facility, Lourdes is dedicated to delivering Healthcare That Works, Healthcare That is Safe, and Healthcare That Leaves No One Behind.
Lourdes Laboratory serves a diverse population comprised of critical care, oncology, and clinic populations. 70% of our testing is outpatient based.
Accredited by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and College of American Pathologists (CAP), we have state of the art automation and a very expansive lab test menu.
We are recognized for our "State-of-the-Art Cervical Cancer Screening".
Lourdes Laboratory was the first in the area to use the ThinPrep® Imaging System.
In 2007, we began leveraging the ThinPrep® Imaging System as an enhancement to ThinPrep® Pap Test's improved slide preparation for all cervical cancer screenings.
At Lourdes Hospital, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
We invite you to join our team of 55 Clinically Licensed Professionals, who pride themselves in working together as a team across all shifts.
Lourdes Laboratory offers a work environment that can be described as supportive, caring, family oriented, professional, fast paced and challenging. There is unparalleled cooperation among co-workers.
Career advancement is possible in each area of the laboratory. We have specialists in each of the clinical areas and leads in phlebotomy as well as a clinical ladder.
We create opportunities for growth and challenge:
- Encourage employees to take on different responsibilities outside their daily tasks.
- Have promising employees sit in on meetings with leadership/other departments.
- Create attainable goals, but also stretch goals to give employees room to grow.
It is rare that any associates have to take call. Only managers are on Administrative call and are available for questions 24/7.
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Laboratory Technnician with Lourdes Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interprets, documents and reports test results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of staff and students.
- Required Credential(s):
- Clinical Laboratory Technician credentialed from the New York Board of Clinical Laboratory Technology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.