Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Ascension
Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) - General Lab Anc 001 - PRN, Rotating - TN - Stones River Hosp - Woodbury, TN
Saint Thomas Stones River, in Woodbury, TN, is looking for a Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) who is dedicated to transforming healthcare.
PRN Rotating Shift
Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Medical Lab Scientist at Saint Thomas Stones River. Saint Thomas Stones River is currently a 60-bed facility with steady patient flow and seeking caring associates looking for a long-term career with career advancement.
Why Join Ascension?
Why Saint Thomas Health?
Saint Thomas Health, a member of Ascension, is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension , the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Saint Thomas Health is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve.
What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
- Power of Purpose : For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork : We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development : By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits : Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
What You Will Do at Saint Thomas Hickman :
As a Medical Laboratory Scientist, we invite you to join our team of Medical lab professionals at Saint Thomas to perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interprets, documents, and reports test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations. At Saint Thomas our associates in the lab have a strong team approach who are led and mentored by highly collaborative managers that will invest in your career!
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testing's.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assists in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Medical Laboratory Technologist credentialed from the Tennessee Medical Laboratory Board prior to hire or transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Need more information? Connect with me
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)