Optical Commodity Manager
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Optical Commodity Manager
Location: Fremont, CA
Looking for a candidate to oversee the purchasing management function, cost reductions, supplier quality, improvement component, inventory management, vendor delivery performance, global supply chain management. You will need 5 years optical communication industry experience and a Masters degree. SAP or Oder Management. Must be willing to travel 20% 30% international or domestic.
- Understand the market, balance supply/demand. Ability to identify new opportunities.
- Mange and minimize the risk, develop an appropriate risk mitigation strategy through an appropriate supplier network. While maintaining continuity of supply while reducing risk within the supply chain as a whole.
- Direct activities of Purchasing for Company optical active and passive business. Works with and monitors performance of vendors. Perform regular audits of manufacturing facilities and assists supply chain and hardware teams in vendor selection/qualification for critical optical and electrical components.
- Support and drive key purchasing initiatives, direct and indirect cost reduction, quality improvement, delivery, and inventory reduction.
- Negotiates pricing and other terms of purchase. Monitor and reduce slow and excess inventories, as well as reacting to spikes in demand.
- Works with PLM and Engineering teams to select key suppliers. Analyzes and qualifies interchangeable parts from sources (vendors). Specify and source new optical components and Manage supplier Process Change Notifications. Drive optical second sourcing effort.
- Appraise employee performance in accordance with Company policies and procedures as well as assist in employee interviewing, development, discipline and other activity as required.
- Make critical decisions with little time for analysis.
- Understands, supports and contributes to current Company Quality Management System, Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Understand, adopt and support MBM philosophy and culture, and Guiding Principles.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a technical discipline
- 5+ years' experience in purchasing environment in materials function.
- 3+ years' experience in Optical communication industry for either active and passive or both.
- Master's Degree in business or a technical discipline
- SAP or similar order management system skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Willingness to travel, 20% - 30% International and Domestic travel required
- Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization. This includes Corporate, the plants in the Americas Region, world-wide Company entities, as well as the sales and marketing functions.
- Superior PC skills required.
- Good communication and leadership skills.