Project Engineer - Road & Highway Infrastructure
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by PARSONS
Project Engineer Civil/Structures Oakland, California
Parsons is now hiring for a Project Engineer to integrate the various engineering, scheduling, and procurement activities, supporting various Caltrans road & highway projects in the Central and Northern California region. In this role, you may manage a subtask of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual obligations. Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance. Travel to the project sites may be required during various design phases, and start-up activities.
- Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements for road & highway infrastructure projects. Identifies and documents changes in scope.
- Assists in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain those procurements. Interfaces with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process.
- Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
- Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study. Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
- Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
- Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
- Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) is required and 10 years or more of related field engineering experience, or a broad general engineering background is required.
( PE) Professional registration is required.
Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project._
Ready for action? Were looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and dont hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube .