MITS Program Finance Analyst
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Leidos
DescriptionJob Requisition: MITS Program Finance Analyst Job Description:
Exciting and challenging finance position supporting the Commercial Managed IT Services (MITS) business within the Leidos Health Group. This position allows for a unique experience that blends traditional FP&A and program finance activities with more unusual activities only seen in a commercial startup. Individual career growth opportunities will also be enabled as the business grows.
This positon will support the cost management of a new program that includes 400+ employees and >$120M in revenue over 5 years as well as multiple smaller FFP and T&M contracts within the MITS portfolio. Cost management activities associated with this large commercial hospital system contract will span multiple contract types (FFP and T&M) and a variety of expenses including Contract Direct, Indirect Overhead and SG&A. This position will work closely with the MITS F&BO Senior Division Manager and program personnel to provide weekly/monthly and quarterly cost reporting.
- Maintain project baselines, WBSs and other program baselines.
- Analyze program performance including identification of trailing costs, misalignments in charging, and variance analysis activities.
- Support Estimates at Completion (EAC) processes, working with the program team to develop to-go cost estimates (ETCs).
- Track and reconcile backlog by utilizing and validating metrics such as awards, factoring, debooks and other adjustments.
- Track and reconcile subcontract purchase orders and cost performance and work with the MITS subcontract team on new purchase order set-up, WBS guidance.
- Track and maintain MITS portfolio contract logs, value and funding.
- Track FFP and T&M monthly invoices, invoice contract log and T&M rate management and analysis.
- Work with the leadership team to measure performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, Expense, OI, Cash, DWC and DSO.
- Assist in the development and preparation of the financial materials to operational and financial leadership.
- Identify and communicate areas of concern to both operational and financial leadership when identified in a timely manner.
- Work with cross-functional teams including contracts, procurement, revenue accounting, technical accounting, AR, AP, program excellence and treasury organizations.
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 2 -4 years experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Project Control and FP&A disciplines, with an understanding of major accounting concepts and multiple contract types.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability think out of the box, making processes more efficient and balance competing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft MS Excel (eg lookup, what-of, if/then, IRR, NPV, formulas), an ability to perform financial modeling to support business needs and outlooks.
- Experience with financial tools including CostPoint, Fusion and Hyperion-LPAS and ad-hoc EDW querying.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information visit our website.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to (see below) .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.