Executive Administrative Assistant
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Leidos
DescriptionJob Requisition: Executive Administrative Assistant Job Description:
The Government Health & Safety Solutions Organization is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant, who will provide administrative support to the SSA Programs Division located in Baltimore, MD.
The candidate will work collaboratively with internal and external staff to provide Executive Administrative Program Support to include the following:
- Provides direct assistance to the Division Manager and works independently on special assignments related to program and corporate matters.
- Manages access to the executive, maintains and modifies executive schedule.
- Handles confidential business matters and maintains smooth operation of office when the executive is unavailable.
- Typically responsible for the release of a variety of complex communications that affect the entire organization and designs and maintains procedures that allow appropriate access to confidential information.
- Compiles and consolidates data from various sources into meaningful documents/reports that will be utilized by key divisional decision makers.
- Process purchase requests, obtains quotes, compare prices and prepare purchase documents.
- Assist staff with the preparation of division-level reporting requirements.
- Analyzes budgeting and accounting reports for the purpose of maintaining expenditure controls.
- Assists other project management staff with administrative tasks, including drafting and editing of letters and correspondence, scanning documents, coordinating travel arrangements, creating and printing business cards, and shipping materials.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes within a professional area.
- Problems are unclear and may require understanding of a broader set of issues, and may be difficult.
- Develops solutions to problems and issues that are unclear and require thorough analyses and understanding of domain knowledge.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members.
- Works to influence team members regarding solutions, process and/or approaches.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in government contracts and health systems preferred.
- Candidates must possess interpersonal skills to work effectively with executives, project management staff, functional staff, and customers.
- Candidate must have significant experience with computer software, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information visit our website.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to (see below) .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.