Assistant Director of Financial Aid Systems, Compliance, and Reporting
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Henry Ford College
• One of the degrees (Bachelor's or Master's) must have a concentration in a systems related field of study or a business related field of study.
• A minimum of five years administrative experience working in a post-secondary financial aid office required.
• A minimum of five years of specialized experience in managing financial aid systems required.
• A minimum of three years of related supervisory experience required.
• Extensive experience in interpreting and implementing federal and state financial aid regulations required.
• Experience developing and implementing office policies and procedures required.
• Experience documenting processes and/or workflows required.
• Experience with U.S. Department of Education web sites and reporting tools required.
• A high degree of experience and expertise working with an integrated administrative computer software system required.
• Significant working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word (including Mail Merge functionality) and Microsoft Excel required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams required.
• Ability to develop quantitative and qualitative analyses of the financial aid process required.
• Must exhibit the highest professional integrity.
• Ability to foster teamwork among staff members required.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively required.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills required.
• Strong communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing) required.
• Ability to delegate work appropriately, set clear direction, and manage work-flow of staff required.
• Experience working with Ellucian Colleague's financial aid module and communications module is preferred.
• Experience working with Microsoft Access is preferred.
• Experience working with query-based reporting tools is preferred. Essential Duties . Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the technical processes related to the utilization of the Ellucian Colleague financial aid and communications management modules, including the importing and exporting of files with the U.S. Department of Education and other regulatory agencies and the creation and dissemination of various communications to student financial aid applicants.
• Resolve errors related to transmitted records/files.
• Set-up the Ellucian Colleague financial aid system for new processing years.
• Test new software releases.
• Develop system-based rules and management queries to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Oversight of the communications management functions of the Financial Aid Office, including document tracking functions.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all system related issues.
• Overall responsibility for the management and reconciliation of the Federal Pell Grant program.
• Maintain policies and procedures for the College's computer system as it relates to financial aid processing.
• Assist other Information Technology Services staff in identifying and resolving software and hardware issues impacting the operation of the Financial Aid Office.
• Monitor all financial aid fund management and account reconciliation activities/processes.
• Analyze and interpret federal and state legislation relative to the financial aid function.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and consistency in awarding financial aid
• Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of all federal reporting requirements related to financial aid, including, but not limited to eApp, FISAP, COD, and NSLDS reporting.
• Serve as the primary liaison to all auditors and or program review staff auditing or reviewing any financial aid processes and/or functions.
Additional Information: For applicants viewing this ad from an external site, please go to and click the "Jobs" link to apply. For further information about HFC, please visit us at or on Facebook, , Twitter, , LinkedIn, Category: Education , Keywords: Financial Aid and Scholarships Director