RN Opportunities with Award Winning Hospice Inpatient Unit! - Nashvill
Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by Alive Hospice
Registered Nurse - PRN Nights - Alive Hospice Inpatient Unit in Nashville & Murfreesboro
SUMMARY The Registered Nurse provides hospice care and serves as case manager for assigned patients. Works with IDT to develop and implement hospice plan of care. Supervises CNA's and LPNs. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Using nursing process and current standards of practice provides nursing care to assigned patients.
2. In collaboration with IDT, patient, and family, establish and implements hospice plan of care.
3. Anticipates the need for and initiates interventions to prevent complications and to alleviate physical and psychological discomfort.
4. Organizes and completes work in an effective and time efficient manner.
5. Notifies Medical Director/designee and IDT of patient needs and/or changes in condition.
6. Provides and maintains safe environment for patients, families, and other employees.
7. Completes documentation per procedure and standards of practice including initial nursing assessment.
8. Provide emotional support to patients and their families.
9. Administer medications as ordered.
10. Educates patients and/or families in disease process, hospice care, and signs/symptoms of approaching death.
11. Implements and follows physician orders.
12. Notifies Team Leader of significant changes in patient condition and any unrelieved symptoms.
13. Gives complete report to the next shift.
14. Reports complaints, issues, and incidents to Charge Nurse, Clinical Director of IPU Administrator.
15. Delivers care in a cost efficient manner.
16. Attends patient deaths.
17. Supervises LPNs; serves as a resource for LPNs and other RNs.
18. Works to ensure continuity of care with other shifts and home care team.
19. Supervises CNA's; ensures hospice standards of practice are followed while providing personal care, hospice plan of care is followed, infection control practices are followed, documentation is complete, safety practices are followed, and call lights are answered promptly.
20. Orients new staff.
21. Performs as Charge Nurse when designated by Clinical Director of IPU Administrator.
22. Other duties as assigned. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Registered Nurse with a current nursing license, BSN preferred. Ability to apply for TN license within 30 days of hire. Knowledge of or willingness to learn hospice care. Inpatient Units will interview newly graduated nurses!
Alive Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. Our benefits package includes: health, vision and life insurance; vacation and sick days; paid holidays; retirement plan and long term disability; and company car or mileage reimbursement based on the position. If you want to make a difference in the lives of patients and family members, consider working at Alive Hospice. It's been our privilege to serve Middle Tennessee for over forty years. Our employees are committed to providing the highest quality end-of-life and palliative care available. They honor patients and their families by providing the best loving care. Visit for more information. Category: Healthcare , Keywords: Registered Nurse (RN)