Posted on Aug 14, 2019 by IT Human Resources
What you will do
- Responsibility for the design and development of change to the ServiceNow tooling platform which underpins the IT support organisation including delivering and driving the support tooling roadmap
- Ownership, support and maintenance of the tooling platform across
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the tooling and data contained within alongside the creation of bespoke management information on request
- Embed and enforce the culture of continual improvement across the global support tooling space, ensuring close collaboration is maintained with Global process owners
- Responsibility for identifying weak spots in existing global operational processes and supplying remediation either via project delivery or direct intervention The Knowledge,
Experience and Qualifications That You Will Have
- Deep working experience of ServiceNow as a Systems Developer
- Strong working knowledge of Object Orientated Back End databases
- Experience with SOAP and REST APIs preferred
- Experience of Extraction Transaction and Loading (ETL) tooling strongly desired
- SQL knowledge and exposure
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and Service Management methodologies
- A demonstrable track record of successful implementations
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) Familiar with operating as a member of a virtual team in a Matrix managed environment.
- Exposure to a broad range of infrastructure and application technologies in particular UNIX, Wintel, SQL Server, Oracle, Networking and Storage technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with a pro-active approach to tasks Have a flexible approach to working hours as some extended hours may be required to participate in calls with regions outside of the UK.
- Ability to operate under pressure, in a logical manner enabling consistent delivery to demanding deadlines
- Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
- Strong communication skills and a consultative approach coupled with a "can-do" attitude
- Team player with experience working in a Matrix managed environment.
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.