Pump Technician/Mechanic - Ford Gelatt
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by SunSource
Pump Technician - SunSource/Ford-Gelatt
SunSource/Ford-Gelatt is looking for several Pump Mechanic/Technicians based in our service center in Baton Rouge. This person will be responsible for the service and repair of a wide variety of process pumps, gearboxes and other rotating process equipment including testing, trouble-shooting, repair, machining and assembly.
- Investigate pumps and gearboxes that are not working properly using drawings, specifications, maintenance manuals and diagnostic equipment
- Inspect parts and various components, determine if parts are re-workable and write up the unit in a complete service report
- Diagnose problems and give recommendations for repairs
- Identify necessary parts and prepare for purchasing and repair
- Refit parts by machining as required
- Assemble units according to manufacturer specifications checking tolerances
- Test repaired unit
- Adjust components and equipment as required
- Clean, organize, and maintain the Shop and Shop equipment
- Participate in continuous improvement through training and associate development
- Assist level I Technicians with repairs and training
General Education and Experience:
Education high school diploma/G.E.D. minimum. Formal training in industrial technology, mechanics or related field in which rotating equipment maintenance is part of the curriculum or Certification preferred.
Experience--Minimum 3 years in pump or gearbox repair experience required, which includes equipment trouble shooting, tear downs, assembly and reading of drawings and specifications required to perform a proper repair. This position is considered an intermediate level and is expected to perform routine repairs without direct supervision or assistance. 3 to 5 years experience preferred. Must have a valid drivers license. Ability to use manual machines to repair parts is a strong preference.
Physical RequirementsMust be able to lift up to 75lbs. Position stands 95 to 100% of the workday
We are a fast-paced, customer service-oriented company who is ahead of our competition. We value employee contributions and success in meeting and exceeding our customers expectations. In return, we offer excellent pay and benefits, including company matched 401K, and the opportunity to work with exceptional people.
If you meet these qualifications then we want to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY