Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, a Swiss Bank, we are looking for a Java Developer for a 6 months project (extension intended) in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Sector: Banking
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
- Duration: 12 months, extension intended
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? Are you interested in event driven architectures, workflow.
- design and implement solutions, writing high quality code and adhere to coding standards
- work across full delivery cycle to ensure high quality delivery, utilizing automated testing
- support the system/team in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
- work as part of an agile development team and collaborate with global business and IT stakeholders
- perform level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You'll be working in the FX Derivatives team in Zurich. The team provides Server Side solutions for pricing and execution of a wide range of financial instruments including FX Vanilla & Exotic Options. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of our business strategy.
- strong Server Side Java skills, including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming
- large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience and hands-on experience in building distributed systems
- applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
- strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
- working experience in agile SDLC and TDD methodology, with Git/GitHub and continuous integration
- ability to work closely with business partners, as part of a global team, delivering iteratively
- interest in financial industry or FX derivatives business knowledge
- exposure to electronic trading platforms and FIX engines is an added advantage
- nice to have: some Java Swing knowledge, Apache Kafka
- passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
- someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
- proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
- quick learner
- an excellent communicator, strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Please apply online or contact Nadja directly.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£110k - £135k Annual