Exercise Specialist - Fitness Centre - Celebration
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Celebration Health seeks to hire an Exercise Specialist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
The Fitness Centre & Day Spa at AdventHealth Celebration Health is a facility designed to meet the health and wellness needs of its members and guests. Voted the "Best Workout Facility" and "Best Day Spa" in Orlando for 2014, the 50,000 square-foot facility features state-of-the-art equipment such as Technogym, over 250 Group Fitness classes per month including Zumba, Les MillsTM, yoga and aquatics, a heated therapy pool and 25-meter lap pool, and full service locker rooms complete with saunas, steam rooms, showers and amenities. The Day Spa offers a variety of relaxing and rejuvenating services from a team of licensed therapists, including Swedish and Therapeutic massages, facials, manicures and pedicures, and acupuncture treatments. At the Fitness Centre & Day Spa in Celebration Health the focus is on total wellness of "Body, Mind & Spirit!"
The Exercise Specialist functions under the direct supervision of the Fitness & Wellness Manager. Assists in the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of all Celebration Health fitness and other health promotion services/events to achieve desirable health outcomes. Responsible for conducting member fitness assessments and consultations, supervising/assisting with all workouts in the fitness area, and teaching exercise classes as needed. Provides support for daily facility/exercise equipment cleanliness and maintenance. Works with other AdventHealth healthcare providers to provide a complete continuum of care to ultimately improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities served. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science or a related field, such as, Kinesiology, Kinesiotherapy, Athletic Training, Physiology, Sports Management, Exercise Physiology, Human Performance, Health Science, or Recreation Management/Science
- Comprehensive knowledge of general exercise physiology theory and practices
- Experience performing fitness evaluations, consultations, personal training and teaching group exercise classes (Preferred)
- Current CPR card
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Fitness Certification, Personal Training Certification, or other nationally recognized fitness professional certification (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Monitors the exercise floor and assist members as needed.
- Performs fitness evaluations to include sub-max cardiovascular test, strength, body composition, abdominal endurance and flexibility on all new members. Performs other customized fitness evaluations as needed.
- Performs fitness consultations and equipment orientation to help new members achieve fitness goals.
- Performs re-assessments on members to track progress and data collection.
- Reviews Health History Questionnaires of all new members and manages medical clearance process for all new members.
- Works with other healthcare providers to include Physical Therapist and Physicians to provide a complete continuum of care for all patients.
- Performs speaking engagements and/or teaches exercise classes on-site and in the community.
- Assists with the creation and delivery of member engagement activities and member retention programs.
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of the exercise floor and oversight of the maintenance of the equipment.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Exercise Specialist opportunity with AdventHealth Celebration and apply online today.
Exercise Specialist, Exercise, Fitness, Celebration