Music Therapist - Inpatient Rehabilitation - Winter Park
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Orlando seeks to hire a Music Therapist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
8a - 5p; 5/8s
This position is an integral part of the Mission and Ministry Department. Works collaboratively with staff in attending to the holistic needs of patients, families and staff. Uses music and music therapy interventions to address physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals of all ages. Conducts music therapy assessment and administers therapy to preserve and improve abilities for independent function, behavioral management skills, social skills, symptom management and activities of daily living using music. Offers safe and proper services to patients, families and staff through individual and group sessions. Adheres to all aspects of the department according to the philosophy, policies, procedures, and objectives of the hospital and units of responsibility. Provides mentorship and/or supervision for Music Therapy interns under the supervision of the Internship Director. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Fosters a sense of mission that enhances a culture of Trust, experience of Belonging, and a future of Hope within the hospital and the healthcare team. This position actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Appreciation and understanding of AdventHealth's mission and values which are focused on the Healing Ministry of Christ, and ability to promote these values in one's work
- Ability to effectively relate to, and work and communicate with persons of diverse religious and/or cultural backgrounds
- Personal integrity
- Ability to work under stress
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to communicate professionally in English; good spelling skills
- Proficiency in completing tasks using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and follow through with projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Skills and knowledge to perform clinical/therapeutic assessment for groups and/or individuals
- Ability to develop and facilitate music therapy research
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Music Therapy
- 1,200 clinical hours of music therapy field work which includes an internship in medical setting (preferred)
- MT-BC (Music Therapist - Board Certified) by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT)
- NICU-MT certification (preferred)
- Neurologic Music Therapy designation (preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Acts as a resource to team members, participates in team and professional meetings, and gives input as to needs of patients, families and staff. Attends rounds as needed and assists in program development. Instructs interns to be an effective member of interdisciplinary team.
- Responsible for mentorship assignments given by Internship Director.
- Conducts assessments and administers Music Therapy. Leads one-on-one and group music therapy sessions. Communicates effectively with patients ranging in age from childhood through geriatrics. Adheres to the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) scope of practice and competencies and applies the therapy process in pediatric and adult sessions.
- Conducts effective research studies.
- Attends department meetings and functions, staff in-service and community presentations. Provides in-services and presentations to hospital staff.
- Maintains the safe and efficient operation of the center by monitoring equipment safety.
- Performs administrative duties. Identifies needs and opportunities and makes recommendations for change to the manager. Implements problem-solving mechanisms in both routine and emergency situations.
- Utilizes computer charting software.
- Assists department visitors in a courteous manner and directs to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or center.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Music Therapist opportunity with AdventHealth Orlando and apply online today.
Music Therapist, Music Therapy, Rehab, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Winter Park