Physical Therapist - Inpatient Physical Therapy - Acute Care - Orlando
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Orlando seeks to hire a Physical Therapist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed AdventHealth Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Therapists in the Rehabilitation Hospital provide aggressive therapy services to patients in our 10-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital housed within the Orlando campus. These patients receive a minimum of 3 hours of therapy 5 days a week from all needed disciplines. The Rehabilitation Hospital is CARF accredited for Comprehensive, Stroke, and Brain Injury and was founded in 1961.
Wed - Sun, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Provides direct and indirect services in the acute care, inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation Department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. May supervise other Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, technical aides, volunteers and interns. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Entry level professional competency of Physical Therapy practices, theory, principles and applications as defined in competencies departmental policy
- Basic computer skills to include Outlook, Microsoft Office and Windows. (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy and five or more years of work experience in physical therapy, OR
- Masters or Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy
- Licensed in the State of Florida as a Physical Therapist, OR
- Temporary State of Florida permit as Physical Therapist*
- BLS Certificate
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- * Those employees working on a temporary permit can only practice under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist supervising no more than one "permittee" at any given time. The supervising physical therapist must be licensed for a minimum of six months before the supervision period begins and must cosign all patient records.
- Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Establishes, implements and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department/hospital policy and procedures.
- Charges patient accurately, timely, and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format and following insurance guidelines.
- Identifies the need for patient/caregiver education and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis, including discharge recommendations. Documents education and understanding, as appropriate.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Practice principles of professional development by maintaining clinical competencies, using best and/or evidence based practices, and serving as a clinical instructor.
- Meets the productivity standards, as defined by department.
- Willingly adjusts and adapts to changes in patient census by altering working hours to assist in other centers/programs as needed/approved and observed by manager.
- Practices principles of employee and patient safety when performing daily job activities via observation.
- Complies with AH Compliance Plan, rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies, and with the standards of all accrediting bodies and payers as evident through documentation reviews, tracers and rounds results.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Physical Therapist opportunity with AdventHealth Orlando and apply online today.
Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy, Rehab, PT, Inpatient, Orlando