Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Rehab Center - Winter Park
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Winter Park seeks to hire an Occupational Therapist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Nestled among the oak-shaded, brick-paved streets of one of the most picturesque hometowns in the country, AdventHealth Winter Park has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years. Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopedic Institute. Together with the community we serve, we're building a model of community health and wellness for generations to come. p>
AdventHealth Winter Park is the home to a new, 50 bed, state-of-of-the-art Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility which is scheduled to open in October of 2019. Advanced technologies and equipment are integrated into the care delivery model and physical design to optimize patient outcomes. Patients in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility receive aggressive therapy services and whole person care to assist them in restoring their capabilities and returning home. Each team member of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility is vitally important to the patient's success through an integrated, whole-person approach to rehabilitative care. The AdventHealth Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility, founded in 1961, is accredited for Comprehensive, Stroke, and Brain Injury specialty programs through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilitates.
4/9's Wed-Sat 7a-5p
Provides direct and indirect services to specific age groups in the acute care, inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation Department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. May supervise other Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, volunteers, technical aides and interns. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- At least entry level professional competency of Occupational Therapy practice, theory, principles and applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy and five or more years of work experience in Occupational Therapy, OR
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy
- Basic computer skills to include Outlook, Microsoft Office, and Windows (preferred)
- Licensed in the State of Florida as an Occupational Therapist.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it.
- Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Establishes, implements, and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department/hospital policy and procedures.
- Charges patient accurately, timely and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format and following insurance guidelines.
- Identifies the need for patient/caregiver education and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis, including discharge recommendations. Documents education and understanding as appropriate.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Practice principles of professional development by maintaining clinical competencies, using best and/or evidence based practices, and serving as a clinical instructor.
- Meets the productivity standards, as defined by department.
- Willingly adjusts and adapts to changes in patient census by altering working hours to assist in other centers/programs as needed/approved and observed by manager.
- Practices principles of employee and patient safety when performing daily job activities via observation.
- Complies with AH Compliance Plan, rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies, and with the standards of all accrediting bodies and payors as evident through documentation reviews, tracers and rounds results.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Occupational Therapist opportunity with AdventHealth Winter Park and apply online today.
Occupational Therapy, OT, Rehab, Winter Park