Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Peraton
Peraton is seeking a Systems Administrator to support our customer in San Antonio, TX.
You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success.
Peraton understands that people have unique and niche specialties, but this position highlights cross training and willing to apply skills in multiple areas.
What you'll do...
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
You'd be a great fit if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree with minimum (6) years of experience. Equivalent experience maybe considered in lieu of degree.
- Have (4) years experience providing Tier II & III support.
- Have (4) years experience investigating and troubleshooting issues.
- Obtained your DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification - CompTIA Security+
- This position requires the candidate to have an active Top Secret SCI security clearance and maintain the clearance.
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
$90k - $90k Annual
$75k - $75k Annual
$57.8k - $100k Annual
$70k - $75k Annual
$80k - $95k Annual
$120k - $140k Annual