Fumigation Pest Control Technician
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Ecolab
Ecolab is seeking Fumigation Technicians looking for an opportunity to provide industry leading fumigation expertise to our customers.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Assisting with the complete fumigation process, including but not limited to sealing, tarping, introduction of fumigant, conducting readings, and aerating/de-gassing
- Use hand-held gas monitoring equipment to conduct readings
- Read, understand, and follows labels and SDS forms for hazardous chemicals used during services provided
- Maintain working order and cleanliness of assigned company vehicle
- Effectively communicate with clients as needed
- Inspect, maintain, and utilize Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) properly
- Follow proper safety guidelines, including but not limited to specified Target Solutions training, OSHA mandated guidelines, and all client specified guidelines
- Candidate must reside in: Indianapolis or surrounding area
- Route territory will include: Indianapolis and surrounding area
- Work week and shift: This is a Full-Time position with 40+ hours per week, Days and shifts will vary
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year or less of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable motor vehicle record, and drive and maintain a company vehicle and equipment in clean and proper operating condition.
- Ability to obtain required fumigation certifications and licenses pursuant to country or state/local laws.
- Ability to travel up to 50% including overnight for business
- Must be able to work an overnight shift.
- Willingness to be on-call during off work hours and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Must have the ability Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 70 pounds chest high.
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include sitting, standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, and pulling, talk and hear.
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand product labels, compute and mix accurate concentrations of chemicals, and follow all label requirements.
- Ability to use all equipment involved in fumigation management services, including electronic devices for recording and reporting data.
- Computer Skills: Database software (including industry-specific software), company network-based and "cloud"-based applications, smart phones, Microsoft Office, and other electronic devices used to access information and enter data.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.