Lead Teacher - Before and After School
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Champions
KinderCare Education is the nation's leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. From our National Support Center, to the classrooms where learning comes to life, we're united by a passion to create a world of learning, joy and adventure for more than 161,000 children ages six-weeks through 12 years every day.
Our Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using our nationally recognized curriculum that promotes social, physical, verbal, and cognitive development. Our Teachers are committed to making their center successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team play a crucial role in that success.
When you join our team as a Lead Teacher you will\:
- Lead, coach and mentor less experienced teachers in your classroom; model behaviors and provide feedback.
- Implement KCE's curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Support your center's success; partner with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
Join our Champions team in Gages Lake!
- Monday through Friday
- 6\:30-9\:30 AM and 3\:30-6\:00 PM
- This position is 27 hours a week
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- Proven ability to build relationships with families, clients (i.e. school staff), and supervisors
- Committed to outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and manage multiple situations effectively
- CPR and First Aid Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- 1+ year Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, work indoors or outdoors, assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, as well as see and hear well enough to keep children safe
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
In addition to arewarding career where you help shape children's futures, KinderCare Educationprovides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include\:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Discounted child care
- Generous paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match