Emergency Medical Technician - PRN - Luverne Ambulance
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Sanford Health
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician - PRN | Luverne Ambulance | Luverne
Department *:* EMS Operations - Luverne
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: 12 hr
Observes skill practice; offers constructive feedback. Builds a rapport with the patient and explains the condition and course of action effectively. Assists in documentation of medical histories, symptoms, and vital signs for assigned patients. Performs at least 2-3 concurrent activities without reducing productivity. Asks questions to validate the understanding of the subject matter. Pursues development opportunities consistent with career objectives. Measures vital signs and conducts basic diagnostic tests; offers preliminary diagnoses. Administers appropriate first aid and follows emergency procedures. Uses fact-finding techniques and diagnostic tools to identify problems. Looks for and considers non-verbal cues from individuals and groups.
- Advanced Life Support
- Serves Rock County (total population of 9,600)
- Averages 1,000 calls per year
- Full time employees typically work 24 hour shifts (12 hours working, 12 hour on call) Part time employees typically work in 12 or 24 hour on call shifts
- Equipment utilization: LUCAS devices, telemedicine, video laryngoscope, aggressive protocols, RSI and more
Emergency Medical Technicians possess the basic knowledge and skills necessary to stabilize and safely transport patients ranging from non-emergency and routine medical transports to life threatening emergencies. Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) perform interventions with the basic equipment typically found on an ambulance.
- In an Ambulance setting, the EMT will drive mobile intensive care unit to a specified location, following instructions from emergency medical dispatcher.
- Respond to emergency calls, administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in pre-hospital settings.
- Obtain the patients' medical history and vital statistics.
- Ensure the ambulance is clean and washed and kept in a neat orderly condition. After each call, restock and replace used linens, blankets and other supplies, cleans all equipment following appropriate disinfecting procedures, checks of all equipment so that the ambulance is ready for the next run and maintains ambulance in efficient operating condition.
- Physical activities include, but not limited to, considerable use of arms and legs and moving of whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials.
- Knowledge and be able to perform high quality basic life support (BLS) and be able to apply and use a LUCAS device. Prepare and position stable patients during transport.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Completion of an accredited Training Program required for licensing.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of emergency medical technician (EMT) principles, practices and techniques, knowledge of how various equipment such as a monitor or defibrillator work and how to troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required
- National registry status as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) level is be required. Depending on state requirements, individuals may need to have a state license.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) ICS100, 200, and 700 completed, and continuing education hours as mandated by accreditation.
- Additional training, provided workshops, or staff meetings attended as per policy.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and have a good driving record. Must be 18 years or older, approval needed for those under 21 to drive.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth.
We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities.
We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1- or send an email to .
Job Function: Emergency Medical Services
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: WD10564