General Operator-Day Shift
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by PepsiCo
Job Description ABOUT US
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world's most loved food and drink products where we have a great reputation for developing and launching products that our customers and consumers love.
Our Research & Development site in Leicester is currently recruiting for General Operator Apprentices (Permanent and Fixed Term Contracts).
Whilst working for us as a General Operator you will complete a formal accredited training programme where you will gain nationally recognised a Level 2 Diploma in Food and Drink Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating, setting, stripping and cleaning of machinery within a zone whilst being accountable for a number of pieces of equipment, ensuring they are H&S compliant, at a set standard and identifying when they are not.
- Effective operation of the equipment, optimise operation by making adjustments to process conditions to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Be flexible to cover a broad range of machinery and tasks, subject to frequent, often daily changes of trial plans or operating area.
- Cover for colleague's absence as and when necessary.
- Participate in additional GPC tasks, like auditing, safety/Food safety teams, stock control, training others, LEAN activities or other related projects.
- Maintaining high safety, hygiene and housekeeping standards
- Pay rate of £8.91 per hour (pay rate would increase subject to successful completion of the apprentice programme)
- Competitive Holiday and Pension Scheme
- Access to flexible benefits
- Monday to Friday working hours
- S ubsidised canteen
- Staff discount shop
- Access to staff gym
- Free, secure on site parking
- EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or operating equipment in an autonomous role
- Good analytical, numerical and reading skills
- Strong Team worker and contributor
- A self-starter that is flexible, with a 'can do,' attitude to role and duties
- Results driven and understands the link between action & results
- A confident communicator with individuals at all levels
- Organised and methodical
- Conscientious and results focussed
- Flexible and proactive with the ability to solve basic problems/trouble shoot processes
- Mechanical and engineering aptitude and appreciation.
- Able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Can work unsupervised and manage own work requirements
- High ownership of results and work standards (Technical, Safety & Food Safety)
- ABOUT PEPSICO
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Job Type: Pipeline