Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Job Juncture
Privately owned well established 3PL organization is seeking for an experienced Sales Executive to lead the growth of their organization. This position will be responsible for streamlining and bringing structure to their Commercial sector of the business while reporting to the Director of Sales.
- Responsible for execution of service agreements for customer's.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, and effective prompt communications while following-up on all pending matters with customers.
- Responsible for business development, marketing, and new account development to ensure maximum transportation revenue is being generated for all the sites.
- Provide managers with daily guidance, leadership and overall support on any issues related to operations, communication, human resources, revenue enhancement, standardizing procedures, and systems applications.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress towards business development goals and objectives.
- Review and evaluate the growth of establishment while developing short term and long term goals focused on the overal result of their assigned region.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop continuous improvement methodology in key areas of service profit and growth, and use key performance indicators to drive and quantify cost optimization while maintaining customer quality and service.
- Ensure that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner.
- Direct and train staff.
- Ensure policies and procedures are communicated to all site personnel.
- Ensure safety methods and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with extensive experience in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline preferred; or equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program.
- Preferred strong background in Domestic Operations and overall knowledge of all forwarding lines of the business company support to include Exports, Imports, Custom Brokerage
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
- Minimum of four years of industry experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years supervisory or managerial experience required
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak Spanish/English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management employees and vendors.
- In-depth knowledge of all products and services.
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing and developing high-performance teams.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develops alternative solutions.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Basic understanding and experience in project management methodologies.
- Read, analyze and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers and employees.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based, and job-specific software
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid state-issued Driver's License
- Forklift Driver Certification
- Other professional certifications may be required