Senior Design Engineer
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Job Juncture
- Creates and executes equipment project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Be the leader on the design review board providing technical oversight for all design reviews.
- Be involved in design review of all designs and provide technical mentoring and assistance to group members as needed.
- Perform detailed engineering functions including: electrical motor design, gear reduction, and gearboxes using SolidWorks.
- Oversee and perform Factory Acceptance Testing processes and documentation for main types of systems and equipment at the facility to ensure equipment is functioning to client's specifications before shipment.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, will accept relevant experience.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience.
- Expertise in 3D modelling software as a design tool, taking designs from concept to manufacturing drawings.
- Preferred experience in a manufacturing or production assembly environment with maintenance, troubleshooting, and new equipment installation/launch and commissioning.
- Engineering software experience including: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, MS Office, and ERP systems.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and communicate mechanical and electrical concepts.