Registered Nurse RN Medical Surgical Unit
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by CJW Medical Center
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
- 30 bed unit covering a wide patient population and disease process.
- The cohesive team operates in a "Live Excellence Culture".
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn, grow, and advance in the unit or other specialty areas within the hospital or across HCA Hospitals.
- Excellent place for RN New Graduates to begin their careers.
- Provide direct access to patients for major procedures and therapies, including resuscitation.
- Consistently maintain competencies in hemodynamic monitoring, dysrhythmia recognition, ventilator management, and other evolving techniques as they are developed.
- Recognize and be cognizant of the impact that a serious illness projects upon a patient and their family.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluate patients' signs and symptoms; then record and report results.
- Set priorities and modify patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- Assist physicians during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders.
- Make appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of current nursing experience in a hospital setting (preferred)
- Full-Time (PRN may also be available)
- 12-Hour Shifts, Days from 7am to 7pm
- Weekend and Holiday Rotations
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)