Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Wellpath
Our Registered Nurse is responsible for general assessment of health and nursing care needs of patients. Provides general direction to other health care personnel in meeting medical needs of patient. Works effectively with patients and other staff members
Education for Registered Nurse:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
Experience for Registered Nurse:
- One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred
- Correctional nursing experience preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Registered Nurse:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State.
- Current CPR Certification
- Assesses, plans and delivers nursing care to committed persons.
- Supervises other nursing and nursing paraprofessional personnel in patient care.
- Coordinates multiple medical services for diagnosis and treatment as directed by the physician.
- Enters housing units to pass medications, or other sundry items and to conduct backup screening when necessary.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and infection control precautions as required.
- Assists physician in minor medical or surgical procedures.
- Assists in screening of apparent emergencies for necessity and priority to be seen by the physician, and conducts daily sick call screening.
- Checks and changes surgical dressings as required.
- Maintains working knowledge of pharmacology including drug reaction/overdose. Maintains working knowledge of therapeutic diets and nutrition. Maintains working knowledge of social and behavioral sciences, particularly as applied to the correctional institutional setting.
- Capable of giving CPR instructions and able to take charge in a CPR emergency.
- Maintains the Problem Oriented Medical Record.
- Administers medications including IV therapy and IM injections upon physician's orders.
- Recommends improved procedures, equipment, and supplies to Supervisor.
- Participates in periodic quality of care and chart review.
- Notifies supervisor and completes written report for any medical or security incidents.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer