Director of Contracting
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by DaVita Medical Group
We're looking for strategic thinkers who know how to build long-term relationships while getting the deal done. This teammate will be responsible for driving contracting strategy as well as live negotiations and will be a key architect in the future of DaVita Medical Group's Washington region including The Everett Clinic and Northwest Physicians Network.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, with significant opportunity for impact and advancement within the Washington region and the broader DaVita Medical Group team.
- Accountability for payor strategy & contracting
- Major focus on new & innovative risk contract models
- Major focus on long-term partnerships and win-win solutions
Broader responsibilities include:
- Regional contracting & managed care strategy
- Contract & partnership design
- Account management
- Analytics & optimization
- Thought partner to the Executive Leadership Team
- Must have experiences & capabilities:
- Executive presence
- Strategic mind
- Strong analytical, communication, management, and relationship skills
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Desire to have fun and make a difference
- Partnership / deal experience
- MBA. Prefer candidates from top-ranked institutions
- Top tier banking or consulting experience
- 3+ years of health-plan or provider experience (or equivalent)
- Risk contracting experience (Medicare Advantage, Commercial, Full-Risk, Shared Risk)
- Built / designed contracting processes & procedures
DaVita Medical Group Overview
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of June 30, 2016 DaVita Medical Group (formerly HealthCare Partners) provided integrated care management for approximately 760,000 patients. DaVita Medical Group's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you're looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, DaVita Medical Group may be the employer for you.
The Everett Clinic
Founded in 1924, The Everett Clinic has grown to more than 500 providers in over 40 specialties. Our priority is to do what is right for each patient. Our focus on prevention-disease management, standardized work and seeing patients when they want to be seen-all combine to improve patient care while also reducing cost.
Providing value-service, quality, and cost-allows us to operate profitably, recruit the best possible talent and successfully compete, all while providing high-quality healthcare. This model of value-added care, incorporated into every aspect of our business, has put The Everett Clinic on the map as one of the most innovative and high-quality healthcare providers in the country.
Northwest Physicians Network
Northwest Physicians Network creates the opportunity for independent private practitioners to thrive in Washington State. By supporting clinical integration and data driven quality improvement, we have created a high value delivery network, making it possible for our providers to remain focused squarely on their patients.