Surgical Tech Edmonds
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by DaVita Medical Group
The Ambulatory Surgery Center is seeking experienced Surgical Techs to join their team both part-time and full time located in Edmonds, WA.
The Surgical Tech functions as an integral member of the healthcare team and is responsible for utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in accordance with established standards of care. The surgical technologist scope of practice includes performance of scrub duties for surgical procedures.
The Surgical Tech is responsible for and not limited to:
- Plans, organizes and performs as a surgical scrub technologist, including the collection and preparation of equipment, instruments and supplies necessary for surgical procedures.
- Following a complete surgical scrub, prepares the O.R. for the procedure; drapes the black table and mayo stand; opens all packs and prepares instruments, supplies, and basins; arranges the room and instruments per physician preference.
- Completes a pre-op final count for sponges, instruments and sharps with circulator present when applicable.
Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technologists
- Minimum of two years' experience as a surgical technologist in an acute care setting or a busy multi-specialty ASC
- Current ORT (Operating Room Technician) certification preferred. Current WA State Surgical Technologist Registration (ST) required.
- Current AHA- BLS Certification required.
Interested in learning more? Let's talk about our Surgical Tech opportunities and your career growth!
What's the first thing that happens when one of the leading independent medical groups in the country comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan Medical Clinic joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.