Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by DaVita Medical Group
General Position Summary:
The IT Solution Architect's overall responsibility is to define the architecture for implementation of IT Systems specific to the business challenges within DaVita Medical Group. This role must bring to bear a set of broad experiences and knowledge across application, data, integration, and infrastructure to support key business initiatives.
- Responsible for intake scoping, solution concepts and initial cost estimation; system architecture definition at the logical level
- Teach and mentor solution engineering and technical teams on solution building blocks
- Ensure all solutions adhere to enterprise IT principles, standards, and healthcare industry standards and regulations
- Define architecture blue print for end-to-end systems to including integration of applications, systems, platforms and technical infrastructure
- Provide hands-on technical guidance to delivery teammates including reference implementation, design patterns and best practice guidelines
- Work closely with solution engineering and development teams and vendors to ensure that a coherent and consistent approach to design, implementation and integration is achieved
- Other job relevant duties as assigned
The Solution Architect will be a technology expert and use solution building blocks to define solution concepts, estimate projects, and define architecture blueprints. In this function, the Solution Architect engages through the SDLC focusing on request/intake processes through discovery, requirements, and design phases. The individual will need to collaborate with Business stakeholders to understand their functional needs, research and evaluate new products that address the requirements, and formulate COTS and custom solutions that integrate with existing platforms. This role will need to align solutions to the IT roadmap and enterprise standards and coordinate the architecture solution delivery through the Project Management Office (PMO), Infrastructure and Ops, and Development organizations.
Specific Job Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of information technology experience
- 5+ years of experience in an architecture leadership role, designing end-to-end, enterprise solutions across the complete systems development lifecycle
- 5+ years of technical experience with application integration: SOA, HL7, Web Services, RESTful, Message Queue solutions using SOAP, JSON, XML, etc.
- 5+ years of Health Care IT experience: EHR, Practice Management, Interface Engines, HL7, CDA, DICOM
- 5+ years of experience with Java, J2EE or MS .NET Framework
- Experience in driving solutions that map to the global target architecture, standards, and roadmaps in a distributed hardware, operating systems, and cloud computing
- Collaborative, diplomatic and articulate demeanor that encourages broad base acceptance and support of solutions which align with strategic technology direction of the company
- Strong background in Systems/Application Architecture, with proven abilities to analyze the current business, detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement
- Overall experience and knowledge: distributed systems, mobile devices, middleware such as Business Process Management, Business Rules Management, Interface Engine, HA database, highly available architectures, data/service virtualization, data warehousing and reporting
- Familiarity with Master Data Management technologies such as NextGate eMPI
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
Job requires hours that may exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Evening meetings and/or weekend work is sometimes required to ensure timely project completion. Travel is minimal; but, it will depend on business needs and could vary from monthly to every other month or even less frequent. Moderate to high job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines. Physical capability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
$120k - $135k Annual
$120k - $135k Annual
$140k - $140k Annual
$150k - $170k Annual
$120k - $145k Annual
$135k - $135k Annual
$100k - $125k Annual
$50k - $50k Annual
$50k - $50k Annual