Patient Support Representative
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by DaVita Medical Group
Summary: Make a professional, courteous impression to external and internal customers by greeting, registering, collecting payments, arriving, scheduling appointments and assisting with any problems included in the check in/check out process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all patients and DaVita Medical Group guests feel comfortable and welcome.
- Accurately obtain and enter information in a timely manner and according to standards in appropriate systems.
- Monitor waiting area, screen and distinguish emergencies or STAT situations, notifying back office personnel and/or physician as necessary.
- Answer questions about the organization and provide other information.
- Receive, sort and route mail, including publications, to appropriate personnel. Accept and sign for all types of deliveries.
- Share in the maintenance of office machines (copier, printer, fax, credit card), assist users, send faxes, and make copies when requested.
- Process copayments, deductibles, payments on account through "end of day" batch reports. Prepare the deposit to send to Administration.
- Regularly attend employee and departmental meetings.
- Demonstrate and exemplify behavior consistent with DaVita's core values - service excellence, integrity, team, continuous improvement, accountability, fulfillment, fun.
- Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures, OSHA and other related regulations and guidelines, and ensure department compliance.
- Use, protect, and disclose CSHP patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards. When necessary, distribute policies to patients.
- Attend and complete all required training and development to include annual compliance training.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent required; a minimum of one year certification from college or technical school preferred. A minimum of three to six months related experience and/or training preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Cash handling and customer service experience required.
Basic computer skills and ability to learn and use CSHP's software. Minimum typing speed of 30 wpm.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to speak clearly and concisely. Knowledge of English alphabet, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet the public in a courteous and pleasant manner and establish effective working relationships with patients, providers and staff members.
- Ability to accept responsibility and take initiative to proceed without direct supervision.
- Ability to operate a computer, multiline telephone systems, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and multi-task under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time; stooping, bending or reaching may also be required. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, and other office equipment as necessary. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work in a normal office setting with fluorescent lighting and involves frequent contact with staff, patients, and the public. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
What's the first thing that happens when one of the leading independent medical groups in the country comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan Medical Clinic joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.