ServiceNow Technical Lead
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by DaVita Medical Group
The ServiceNow Technical Lead is responsible for supporting other technical teams to align business needs around implementation and updating of the ServiceNow Platform are designed and delivered in a controlled and predictive manner. The candidate should have deep knowledge of ServiceNow technologies. Providing guidance and direction for the future direction of ServiceNow is an important expectation of the role. The candidate should have deep knowledge of ServiceNow technologies. The Technical Lead will have a very hands-on role in requirements gathering, architecting, developing and maintaining ServiceNow consistent with the needs of DaVita Medical Group.
The candidate will be the primary team member responsible for:
- Understand technical and functional design requirements for ServiceNow. Providing high-level design and technical solutions for the ServiceNow implementation is necessary. The ideal candidate must prioritize multiple tasks effectively and deliver technical design documents. This role requires the ability to contribute appropriately to conversations and promote active listening with team members. Understanding the workflow engines is necessary. Candidate must design and architect ServiceNow CMDB, discovery jobs, automation workflows, integrations and implementation of new applications/modules.
- Define technical solutions aligned with our client's business problems at an architectural and design level of detail
- Communicate complex technical solutions to clients
- Communicates technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Assist with scoping complex service engagements typically involving workflows, Orchestration, Discovery or Platform
- Maintain expert knowledge of the ServiceNow platform and roadmap
- Contribute to building and maintaining the DMG roadmap in alignment to the ServiceNow roadmap
- Maintain current knowledge via internal webinars, case study, training, all other resources available
- Follows up on outstanding development needs and provides timely status reports to the leadership and project management
- Ability to work in a technical lead role to coordinate a team of resources to ensure quality and timely delivery of projects.
- Works with functional managers to establish and maintain technical standards and guidelines for their area.
- Works with functional manager to review and evaluate new technologies that may be beneficial to current and upcoming project work.
- Participate in the technical design review process to ensure high quality technical designs.
- Plan and direct activities related to introducing new services, products and processes
- Coordinate technical tasks and work effort
- Acts as an escalation for technical issues and support.
- Lead technical teams
- Identifies and communicates risks to the business.
- Contributes in defining new business requirements.
- Performs as a mentor on process and techniques to assure proficiency within the team.
- Performs research and analysis on new technology and business practices with the team.
- Align solutions within the overall IT strategy.
- Assures best practices are defined and followed.
- Drives consistency across applications and projects wherever possible.
- Develop and direct activities to increase systems and application availability
- Act as a liaison for the technical team to the project management team and IT management
- Communicate regularly with internal and external customers
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Perform other relevant job duties as assigned.
Job consists of dynamically changing work situations based on potential requirements to modify and maintain the ServiceNow system consist with DaVita Medical Group. The ability to prioritize and delegate is critical to success. Job involves a high degree of complexity. Duties are performed somewhat independently and under general supervision from manager and in collaboration with others. Providing guidance and direction for the future direction of ServiceNow in the village is an important expectation of the role. Decisions are made within established departmental guidelines with discretion to make judgment calls within reason.
- ServiceNow: 6 years
- 6+ years of experience ServiceNow development and architecture
- Experience with implementation, management and maintaining a majority of the core modules within ServiceNow.
- Experience with extending the ServiceNow schema to custom applications where necessary.
- 3+ years experience in providing direction and coordination of development efforts
- ITIL: 6 years
- Web Development: 6 years
- Bootstrap: 6 years
- Angular/JS: 6 years
- JASON/XML: 6 years
- Jelly Scripting: 4 years
- Powershell: 6 yearsMinimum: Up to and including 1 year of experience.
- AS or BA/BS in Computer Science or related field and/or combination of experience
- ServiceNow Architect and Developer Certifications
- Required: ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
- Preferred: Intermediate levels of ITIL v3 certifications
- Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week and includes some non-traditional work hours especially during times of peak activity
- Have the ability and desire to travel up to 20% of the time
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of June 30, 2017, DaVita Medical Group's teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. DaVita Medical Group's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.