Medical Receptionist - Arcadia
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by DaVita Medical Group
Responsible for providing patient-oriented service in a clinical or front office setting; performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care, including greeting and checking in patients, answering phones, collecting patient co-pays and insurance payments, processing paperwork, and performing other front office duties as required in a fast-paced, customer-oriented clinical environment.
- Greets patients and directs them to appropriate departments
- Answers multiple phone lines; directs calls and takes messages as needed
- Verifies patient information and insurance eligibility; collects payments
- Directs patients to complete forms and processes patient-related paperwork
- Informs provider's assistant of no shows and cancellations
- Makes follow-up appointments for patients and calls patients to confirm appointments
- Contacts "bumped" patients and reschedules appointments as appropriate
- Performs various front-office duties in a fast-paced, customer-oriented clinical environment, as assigned
- Minimum: 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- Minimum: Up to and including one year of experience
- Minimum: Experience working with the public
- Preferred: Over 1 year of experience and up to and including 3 years of experience
- Experience in medical reception and customer service
What's the first thing that happens when one of the leading independent medical groups in the country comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan Medical Clinic joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.