Social Worker, House Calls
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by DaVita Medical Group
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
HealthCare Partners is seeking a full time Social Worker to support our House Calls team in Torrance, CA.
Primary work hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
Responsible for providing clinical social work services to individuals and families on an outpatient basis including counseling and crisis intervention, short-term case management, and information and referrals to community resources. Assists providers and Care Managers by acting as a consultant for patients with complex psychosocial needs.
- Performs psychosocial evaluations of patient's physical, social and emotional functioning as well as financial and family support as needed.
- Develops a treatment plan or plan of care which includes arrangements for referral to services as appropriate.
- Provides community resource information and performs referral and liaison activities as necessary for the patient's ambulatory care.
- Acts as a consultant to patients requiring information on Advanced Directives.
- Participates as appropriate in weekly patient care rounds for patients in skilled nursing facilities.
- Assists Care Managers with discharge planning for patients with complex discharge needs.
- Participates in patient care rounds for patients in acute setting and collaborates with hospital Social Worker as needed (if appropriately licensed or with appropriate oversight).
- Performs in-home psychosocial assessments to assist with patient and family social, financial and emotional needs.
- Documents social work interventions by inclusion of reports in medical records and referral management system as needed.
- Maintains statistical data on social work treatment plan, intervention and outcomes.
- Participates on an assigned basis in educational training for employees and providers related to the psychosocial aspects of physical and emotional illness/disability.
- Acts as a resource to other Social Workers within the organization on difficult to manage cases.
- Maintains current information on all frequently used community resources, financial resources and placement facilities. Routinely updates resource list and is available to discuss how to resource required services.
- Identifies and intervenes with high-risk patients requiring social services through all ambulatory case management programs.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or Master's degree in a related field.
- MSW or LCSW preferred.
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience.
- Managed care experience.
- 3 years of experience in a hospital or other healthcare setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- Ability to exercise objectivity and good judgment relating to difficult and emotionally-charged situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with patients, providers, management and employees of the organizations as well as facilities and agencies in the community.