Physical Therapist - Rehabilitation Services - FT
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Southeast Georgia Health System
Summary: Organizes and conducts medically prescribed therapy programs to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of body part; helps patient reach his/her maximum performance and assume a place in society while learning to live within the limits of his/her capabilities. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety goals.
- Practices Physical Therapy consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Respects and understands the patient's right to treatment and right to involvement in treatment decisions.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic patient care, and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the supervision of licensed nursing staff.
- Evaluates, tests, and administers therapy programs for each patient involving physical means, such as exercise, massage, heat, ice, water and electricity, as prescribed by the physician. Attends to specific patient variables such as motivation, and stamina in planning treatment programs.
- Develops rehabilitation goals and objectives that are measurable, described in functional or behavioral terms, and include estimated or relevant time frames for achievement, considering the anticipated discharge. Completes all appropriate documentation to maximize financial remuneration.
- Confers with the person(s) most closely associated with the active management of the patient and keeps them informed of any additional patient needs, treatment modifications and/or progress. Serves as educator and/or resource for patients, families, care givers and other direct patient care providers to assess, instruct, correct, and/or provide information about practice skills and techniques
- Participates in the improvement of patient satisfaction, job specific processes or procedures. Organizes personal time requirements and demonstrates ability to establish priorities for maximum efficiency.
- Actively participates in compliance with The Joint Commission standards, both departmentally and organization wide.
The ideal Physical Therapist should posses the following minimal qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Physical Therapy.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Must possess and maintain licensure to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Georgia
- Current American Heart Association CPR certification required.
- General clinical knowledge, verbal and written communication skills, motivational and leadership skills
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V