Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical Care - FT
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Southeast Georgia Health System
Summary: Provides patient care using the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, teaching and supervision. Demonstrates professional growth and development. Uses good judgment. Utilizes patient care supplies/equipment in a fiscally responsible manner. Exhibits positive interpersonal skills. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
- Effectively manages the care of assigned patients using knowledge, skills, judgment and decision making skills for the specific area and patient population.
- Delivers patient care utilizing standardized evidenced based guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies and equipment.
- Reviews, evaluates and takes appropriate action regarding results of diagnostic tests.
- Administers medications according to Health System policy.
- Performs and documents a standardized nursing assessment in a systematic, organized and continuous manner to identify and prioritize physical, psychosocial and cultural needs .
- Participate in the periodic review and evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Communicates, collaborates, and functions with other members of the health team to provide optimum care.
- Delegate or assign activities to unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) after verifying the UAP has the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the assignment and the care and/or activities do not require complex observations or critical decisions. Supervises the care provided by UAP.
- Seeks educational resources and learning experiences to enhance and maintain current knowledge and skills appropriate to the nurse's area of practice. Demonstrates professional growth and development.
The ideal RN candidate should possess the following minimal qualifications:
- Graduate of a Diploma, Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree Nursing Program. BSN preferred.
- Current RN license to practice in the State of Georgia.
- Current BLS required.
- Nursing skills as defined in the law governing the practice of nursing in Georgia.
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V