Licensed Practical Nurse - Senior Care Center St. Mary's - PRN
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Southeast Georgia Health System
Summary: Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides resident care using the nursing processes of assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluation. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
- Effectively manages the care of assigned residents using knowledge, clinical skills, judgment and decision making skills for the specific area, under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Delivers resident care utilizing guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies, and equipment.
- Reviews, evaluates and takes appropriate action regarding results of diagnostic tests.
- Administers medications according to regulatory standards for long term care.
- Assists the RN in performing the nursing assessment to identify and prioritize physical psychosocial and cultural needs in order to develop a plan of care. Developing care plans for resident admissions as assigned.
- Evaluates and reassesses nursing interventions based on interdisciplinary plans of care and makes revisions as appropriate. Assists with the development and implementation of a patient/family education plan. Documentation to meet compliance with regulatory standards.
- Utilizes resident care supplies and equipment in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Other tasks as may be assigned.:
The ideal Licensed Practical Nurse candidate should posses the following minimal qualifications:
- Graduate of an LPN program.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Current licensure to practice as a LPN in the state of Georgia.:
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V