Registered Nurse - Senior Care Center St. Mary's - Full Time
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Southeast Georgia Health System
Summary: Provides patient care using the nursing processes of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, the Joint Commission and CMS requirements, and national patient safety standards.
The Registered Nurse performs the following essential responsibilities:
- Effectively manages the care of assigned patients using knowledge, skills, judgment and decision making skills for the specific area. Effectively carries out charge nurse role when assigned.
- Delivers patient care utilizing guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies and equipment.
- Reviews, evaluates, and takes appropriate action regarding results of diagnostic tests.
- Administers medications according to Health System policy.
- Performs and documents a nursing assessment to identify and prioritize physical, psychosocial and cultural needs and develops a plan of care.
- Evaluates and reassesses nursing interventions based on interdisciplinary plan of care and makes revisions as appropriate.
- Develops and implements an education plan in collaboration with patient and family. Documentation meets compliance with regulatory standards.
- Demonstrates professional growth and development.
The ideal Registered Nurse candidate should posses the following minimal qualifications:
- Graduate of a Diploma, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree Nursing Program
- Current RN license to practice in the State of Georgia
- Nursing skills as defined in the law governing the practice of nursing in Georgia. Current American Heart Association CPR Certification is required. Uses good judgment. Exhibits positive interpersonal skills.
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V