Registered Nurse - Oncology - FT
Posted on Aug 13, 2019 by Southeast Georgia Health System
Summary: Provides patient care using the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, teaching and supervision. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
The Registered Nurse will perform the following essential responsibilities:
- Effectively manages the care of assigned patients using knowledge, skills, judgment, and decision making skills for the specific area and patient population.
- Delivers patient care utilizing standardized evidenced based guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies and equipment.
- Reviews, evaluates, and takes appropriate action regarding results of diagnostic tests.
- Administers medications according to Health System policy.
- Performs and documents a standardized nursing assessment in a systematic, organized and continuous manner to identify and prioritize physical, psychosocial and cultural needs.
- Develops a nursing diagnosis and a plan of care including goals and prioritized activities based on data collected.
- Evaluates and reassesses nursing interventions based on interdisciplinary plan of care, and makes revisions as appropriate. Develops and implements an education plan in collaboration with patient and family.
- Documentation meets compliance with regulatory standards.
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows all infection control policies.
- Effectively carries out charge nurse role when assigned.
- Delegate or assign activities to unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) after verifying the UAP has the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the assignment and the care and/or activities do not require complex observations or critical decisions. Supervises the care provided by UAP.
- Seeks educational resources and learning experiences to enhance and maintain current knowledge and skills appropriate to the nurse's area of practice. Demonstrates professional growth and development.
- Communicates, collaborates, and functions with other members of the health team to provide optimum care.
- Participates in the periodic review and evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
The ideal Registered Nurse candidate will possess the following minimal qualifications:
- Graduate of a Diploma, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree Nursing Program. BSN preferred.
- Current RN license to practice in the State of Georgia. Nursing skills as defined in the law governing the practice of nursing in Georgia.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification is required. CCU/SICU/PCCU/ECC and PACU: ACLS required within 6 months of hire. Maternity Area: NRP (within 6 months of hire), ACLS (within 1 year of hire), Fetal Monitoring (within 6 months of hire).
- Uses good judgment. Exhibits positive interpersonal skills.
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V